HOW TO OVERCOME
YOU can overcome the current CHALLENGES by LEARNING how to facilitate VISIONARY GOAL SETTING but still be very SELECTIVE about those with whom you choose to work.
I realize that your success will be directly related to what you THINK ABOUT THE MOST and where you DIRECT YOUR ENERGY.
It’s unnecessary to fall into a MANAGEMENT MODE when what we truly need to do as a leaders is PROVIDE A DUPLICABLE STRATEGY for our FOLLOWERS, then allow them to CREATE THEIR OWN SUCCESS.
Let’s break down the key words above and suck out some meanings that will help us.
1) CHALLENGES: Problems are the biggest motivation for innovation and progress. If it’s all cool and calm, we might be too lazy to learn and grow. So this currently global crisis is a wake up call for all of us to rise up and learn new things, to grow and become better. Challenges provoke learning. Problems provoke research. Noticed that in this crisis, many people are getting creative? Money is running down and you better be fast before hunger comes. Let’s go to…
2) LEARNING: knowledge is power. Learning EMPOWERS you. You really need to start learning new skills. Have you experience a kind of confidence after reading widely, a kind of confidence that makes you feel rich even though you’re broke. Reading can give one a kind of confidence in his brokenness. It makes one hopeful of a brighter outcome. Billionaire Warren Buffet once said in his high school days that he was going to be the richest man in the world someday. He did become one. He reads 3 books a week. Averages 50 to 80 books a year. Reading makes you see POSSIBILITIES. If you have adequate knowledge you will see in the spirit. You will be…
3) VISIONARY: Oh come on this is it. Without vision as the big book says, one perishes. Let’s leave it here and move on to…
4) GOAL SETTING: Don’t wanna waste your time on this, on the long term short term goal setting bla bla bla. Here is is my own, list out just 3 things you will be committed to achieve every day. Hey, get the jek? Underline the words COMMITTED TO ACHIEVE…Set goal to achieve just 3 things every day that will support your dreams. You will be shocked how much you have achieved in a year if you put all the daily 3 goals together….na small small water full tank.
5) SELECTIVE PARTNER: You must consider CAREFULLY the kind of persons you want to partner with. You see this one eeh? Has cost me millions of Naira. Wrong partners can mess up your dream, mess up your business and mess up your confidence on humanity. Check their character, reputation and history with their old associates. Don’t neglect any red flag. Good people are not made, they are found. A hotel in US has this written on their entrance door “We do not teach people to be nice, we simply hire nice people” You get the point now?
6) THINKING PATTERN: Negative thoughts this season will be your greatest undermines. Les Brown said “It doesn’t matter what happens to you or around you, what matters is what happens inside you.” What are you feeling your head with? Let me guess, Covid 19 stats. Those news feed your body, mind and soul with fear. A person living with fear is a person heading for failure. Feed yourself with fortifying information. Think right. Think big.
7) ENERGY: Energy flows where attention goes. Where do you direct your energy? To your dream or to bad news? Whatever you give energy to, you give life.
MANAGEMENT MODE: Do you know that the most important assignment of man is to be a manager. God created you to continue and control the creation process…that’s management. If you can’t manage Gods resources on earth God will be afraid to bless you. You must develop to become a good manager of life resources before God will bless you. God can’t afford to waste his resources on anyone who cannot manage it well.
9) PROVIDE DUPLICATION: Great leaders create duplicable systems for their followers so that they too can become leaders. How many people are like you in your system?
10) FREEDOM: Allow people to create their own success. Don’t hold people down. “No one can steal your dream or vision, they don’t have the grace to run it.” Nelson Nwamara. Every vision comes with grace, don’t be afraid of vision copiers. They can copy your vision but they can’t copy the grace. Founder, Apple inc Steve Jobs was sacked from his own company by his share holders. And Apple started losing value in stock market. When Steve was brought or let’s say “bought” back Apple became and still is the most successful company in the world reaching 1 trillion dollars. You can’t steal grace.
So feel free, teach people, and allow them to create their own success.
I hope this helps.