1) The ability to talk to customers, clients or prospects persuasively – closing skills. This is the most important skill in business.
Helping someone make a decision to buy, to join, or to believe in what you’re selling. If you don’t sell, you’re finished.
2) The Ability to speak to groups- public speaking skills. The number one fear in life is public speaking.
Conquer this fear, you conquer the world.
I have been in public speaking business for over 11 years and it has generated me more income than anything else I have ever done. It’s a killing skill.
3) The Ability to communicate with words in print- persuasion in print- copywriting skills, web pages, email, social media post, blogs, book writing, e books etc.
My first book Think Career Not Company sold for 2000 copies in 6 months for 10 dollars each. Facebook marketing has also earned me multiple 7 figures.
Selling intellectual assets pays good money.
Use your social media handle to sell something, promote something, preach something or teach something and do not be afraid to asking for something in exchange of your service.
4) The Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with your team – leadership skills.
Communicate your vision with your team, good culture. Business is a team sport.
5) The Ability to make people work together- Organisation skills.
This particular skill help me make my first N10 million in school at age 26.
If you can master this skill alone, you can manage any company or organisation.
With this skill you can achieve more by working less.
6) The Ability to manage and organize your time for maximum results – Time management skill or What I call PRIORITY MANAGEMENT.
What are the important things we have to focus on? Focus on making money and raising family from 20 to 40. It is called Self management.
Avoid Minimum wage activities.
Stop wasting your time on your comfort zone and social media.
You have to COMMIT fully to PRODUCTION.
“You can’t really be happy if you don’t produce ” Jim Rohn.
Set daily goals, leave your house and go and produce.
7) The Ability to read financial statements- financial literacy skills. This is not taught in school.
How well are you managing your money? Understand how money works.
Understand money languages- capital gain, capital loss, net profit, depreciation, appreciation, assets, liabilities, credit scores, ROI (return of investment), ROI (return on investment, cashflow, dividend, royalty income, rental, portfolio etc.
You cannot succeed in a country you don’t understand their language.
You can’t be rich if you don’t understand and speak the Rich money Language.
8) The Ability to manage your own mind – Mindset skills: fear, depression, frustration—what are you feeding your mind? Procrastination, self limiting beliefs, confusion, anxiety, worry, complaints etc.
You can’t really go anywhere in life if the load in your mind is heavier than the load on your head.
In Summary, 85 percent of your success lies on learning –
1) Personality branding
2) Communication skill
3) Negotiation skill
4) Leadership skill
The other 15 percent lies on learning –
5) Technological skills.
Mr. Nwamara Nelson
Author, Public Speaker and Business Coach